Jumat, 14 April 2017

CCU - 8

Citation: Martinez, Dolores. (2012). Critical learning: critical discourse analysis in EFL teaching,  journal of 
 language teaching and research, 3(2): 283-288.

The main purpose of this journal is to explain the implementation of critical discourse analysis in foreign language teaching. It is used to help the students develop their internal values and critical thinking skills. 
In the first part of this journal, the researcher gives the explanation about critical discourse analysis (CDA), start with the history of critical discourse analysis which firstly published in 1952 by Harris. The next part is about the proposal of this study which consists of three parts. The first part consists of the theories related to critical discourse analysis, the second part is about the set tools which used to analyze the text, and the last part is about the activity which consists of some texts and also there is an illustration of teaching and learning activity. 
After conducting the activity using those three parts, the researcher makes a conclusion of this study. He explains that critical discourse analysis promotes the critical thought to the social situation. By using critical discourse analysis the teacher can improve the students' language skills. Actually, the thing which contributes to the students' improvement is not only the critical discourse analysis but also the text which used in the teaching and learning activity. The types of the text can provide the students' motivation, based on the conclusion of this study the students are motivated to join the reading because the genre or the type of the text is suitable for them besides of using critical discourse analysis.

6 komentar:

  1. This review is good, you put the background, the aim, the goal of the study, and the implementation.

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. thank you Bayu for giving response in my writing, I hope you can get new knowledge from my writing even if it's not the perfect writing :)

      Hapus
  2. I like the organization of your blog, yo deliver the importance of CDA in developing students language skill. But, in my opinion, is better for you to explain what kind of step of CDA itself (not only the classroom activities but also the influence od CDA), and how that situation or classroom activities can be called as CDA. Because, as far as I know there are many experts in this field such as Wodak, Kress, Van Leeuwen, Fairclough, and etc (if I am not misspelled). And in what aspect of discourse in this journal is, written or spoken? and how this CDA can improve language skill, especially in what skill? But overall, I like your writing. But I think you've forgotten about putting your opinion of this journal topic in your future classroom.
    I hope you can also pass by in my blog :)

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. thank you Agustina for your suggestion. I'll do some revision on my writing and also thank you for sharing the experts of CDA to me, since I am lack of knowledge related CDA :)

      Hapus
  3. I really enjoy your writing. You explain the goal of the critical discourse analysis, but I think as a reader i hope that you would write some of illustration of how this activity done. Thanks for your nice writing, it make me understand a bit of the concept ( Because I've never read abt it before ).

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you Dheannisa for your suggestion to me. actually, I didnt write the illustration of how the activity done because I am afraid if I write too much words :D , but I think I'll revisi my writing and write about how the activity done in a simple word :)

      Hapus